Industry: Public Accounting and Government Contracting
Situation: AAL CPAs and Management Consultants was founded in 1989 as an accounting and information technology company. With over 30 years of experience in the financial industry, covering institutional lenders and institutional borrowers. AAL hired STARP Services to manage a proposal submission for a large multi-million dollar submission to USPS (United States Postal Services) for Contract Auditing Services.
Approach: Planned, organized, controlled, and executed the submission as follows:
- Directed cross-functional teams in preparing qualifications, technical responses, and cost estimates in response to Requests for Proposal (RFPs);
- Enhanced bidding strategy, use of info-graphics, and improved branding & marking techniques to better address customer requirements and hot buttons;
- Modernized existing proposal management process to align with enterprise-wide Staged Gate review process and proposal management approval requirements, providing for better consistency of content;
- Negotiated agreements with small business partners and contractors;
- Evaluated proposal content requirements and managed deliverables. Utilized formal processes for preparing bids and proposals to ensure all deliverables were compliant to FAR bidding specifications, completed on time, and reviewed for proper management approval.
Results: AAL was declared the successful bidder.